About the disease
Osteochondrosis – dystrophic damage to the tissues, which are characterized by lesions of the intervertebral discs, adjacent articular surfaces and vertebral bodies, spinal ligament. As in any joint of the body, degenerative changes due to natural aging occur in the vertebrae or facet joints throughout life. The most common cause of osteochondrosis is the reduction in the thickness of the intervertebral discs due to natural wear, dehydration, due to the occurrence of intervertebral disc herniation, protrusions, or as a result of surgical intervention to remove intervertebral hernias, protrusions. Reducing the height of the intervertebral disk of the spine by a few millimeters leads to an increase in the load on the facet joints a few times. The pressure on the intervertebral disc increases with overweight, poorly trained maintenance of the muscles, and osteoporosis. . In the segments of the spine undergoing overload there are osteophyte reactions (sedimentation of salts). In facet joints under the influence of pressure, sharp movements in the cartilages appear microtraumas, tears. Some substances that must be removed from the body are not processed while remaining in the tissues of the joints. These “residues” form neoplasms on the body of the vertebrae, which again leads to damage and limitation of the function of the cartilaginous tissue between the vertebrae. Reducing the functionality of the joints of the spine and the accumulation of “excess” tissue in the spinal canal and in the intervertebral openings lead to pressure on the spinal cord and nerve “spines”, which in turn leads to pain symptoms.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis
- Back pain that appears when you have a load
- Pains appear in the morning, immediately after lifting, when the spine after a long rest feels the weight of its own body, which exerts pressure on the sick, worn intervertebral discs
- Prolonged pain in the back or neck, which increases when it is forced in one posture
- Back pain in back and forth
- Lumbar pain, discomfort and tenderness when regurgitation
- The pain that gives the crotch, limbs, to the pelvic organs
- Shot and disturbance of sensitivity in the limbs
- Weakness of the muscles that are innervated by the nerves of the back
- Decrease of reflexes, numbness, ants, tingling, sensation of chilliness in limbs
- Shot in the back, after overcooling or overstrain of the spinal muscles
Diagnosis of osteochondrosis
When symptoms of back pain, acute back pain or prolonged back pain, you must register with a neurologist for consultation. At the consultation, the spine will be diagnosed. The doctor will review, examine the history of the disease and the causes of back pain. Writes direction on MRI (photograph of one or more spine divisions). Will develop a program for the treatment of osteochondrosis.
Treatment of osteochondrosis
The program may include medical physical education, restorative kinesiotherapy, complex therapeutic massage. Drug treatment is NOT a complete treatment for the treatment of osteochondrosis. To restore the metabolic processes in the deep tissues of the spine you need a gentle motor activity on the simulator for pulling and strengthening the muscles of the spine. The diagnosis of “osteochondrosis”, “generalized osteochondrosis” (common osteochondrosis on all parts of the spine) is posed by the doctor after consultation, referral to the MRI or X-ray is also prescribed by the doctor. Do not practice self-medication.