How segmental reflex massage helps
Reflexive massage affects the connective tissues and the autonomic nervous system through a widely branched network of nerve endings and other sensitive connective tissue receptors.
In the network of medical centers Ambulatory back we offer 2 types:
- wellness and prophylactic segmental massage
- therapeutic and segmental massage
You can choose any type of massage with or without your doctor’s advice.
Pain or tension caused by internal organs or tissues often manifests on the surface of the body, so-called trigger points.
Due to the manual manipulation of the surface of the respective area (segment), the physical-therapist-masseur influences the deep tissues, thereby contributing to the restoration of their functions.
Massage can be prescribed by the doctor individually, as well as in the complex of the program of the course of physical therapy taking into account the state of health and current state of health.
Segmental massage is performed in the context of orthopedic or traumatic rehabilitation on certain joints:
- knee joint (ligament damage, medial / lateral meniscus)
- shoulder joint (capsule or instability)
- wrist and wrist joints (injuries)
- tibia (damage to the Achilles tendon)
- joints of the cervical-lumbar-thoracic spine (cervical-shoulder syndrome, osteochondrosis, spondylolisthesis)
- leg-arm-back-neck muscle (fibromyalgia)
- on other muscle groups
The main causes of pain in some areas (segments) of the body are diseases of the musculoskeletal system (functional or degenerative), functional and chronic organic disorders of the internal organs, circulatory and lymphatic circulation, disorders of the nervous system and endocrine.
Sign up today for a one-on-one massage or a segmental massage course for the cervical spine, knee, ankle, foot, or hand.
Reflex Segmental Massage is NOT recommended when the client / patient has one or more of the following features:
- infectious disease
- acute thrombosis
- foot ulcers and other skin defects